WhyTry Programs provide solutions for
Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to help students pass the next big assessment that we forget to teach them the reasons they are learning what they’re learning. The goal of WhyTry’s multisensory approach is to help students see the relevance in everyday education and understand how positive choices today can bring them closer to achieving their dreams.
Across multiple third-party studies, researchers have seen significant academic improvements using the WhyTry Program:
- Youth perceived themselves as being more capable of learning and accomplishing tasks or actions
- The average student GPA increased by 11%
- Academic progress improved in all areas
- Students had a greater ability to initiate and sustain action toward goals and an increased capacity to find a means to carry out those goals
- 73% of students surveyed reported a stronger belief that their actions today will affect their future
- Students had a 13% decrease in referrals and improved GPA for the WhyTry group.
“You [at WhyTry] give these kids exactly what I talk about so often, the tools to know and believe that they can be world changers. That no matter the situation, they can rise above and make the decision to become better than their circumstances.” –Allishia Edmonds, ONE by ONE Campaign Events and Outreach Coordinator